Wythe County Communit Hospital
Wythe County Community Hospital is located off I-81, exit 70, at 600 West Ridge Road in Wytheville, Virginia. W.C.C.H. is a 100 bed facility which has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval. In operation since 1972, W.C.C.H. is the only hospital located in Wythe County and provides care to a primary service area of approximately 36,000 individuals including Wythe and Bland counties. W.C.C.H. employs over 350 full time personnel and is staffed by over 80 physicians. The hospital operates under the guidance of a Board of Directors.
- Abstract pertinent information from patient records within various outpatient types. Assign International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) / International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification Procedural Coding System (ICD-10 PCS) codes or Healthcare Current Procedural Coding System (HCPCS) codes, creating ambulatory payment classification (APC) or diagnosis related group (DRG).
- Monitor and manage the discharged not final billed (DNFB) accounts within assigned patient types daily to meet financial goals and expectations.
- Meet coding productivity standards and accuracy rate determined by company policy. (See Coding Productivity and Quality Standards.)
- Queries clinical staff to achieve accuracy in coding
- Educate, train and communicate with medical staff regarding accurate documentation for the purposes of coding.
- Keep abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to supervisor or department manager for resolution. Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Participate in the appeals process for coding denials. Initiate and respond to requests for billing to support medical necessity, appropriateness of code assignment, combining accounts based on payer requirements and other activities to support the billing function.
- Answer telephone and respond to requests in a professional, timely manner.
- Maintain professional credentials through ongoing coding education as well as company requirements for annual continuing education.
- Contributes to quality improvement activities of the department and the organization, including participating in internal department and corporate audits.
- Participate in other department or organizational activities as requested.
- Minimum of 3 years of acute hospital coding and abstracting experience required
- Experience and/or education in ICD-10 CM/ ICD-10 Procedural Coding System (PCS) coding required
- Certification or licensure as a:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or must obtain CCS credential within 2 years (required)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or
- Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H)
- And must obtain the CCS credential within 2 years of employment or have equivalent acute care coding and abstracting experience.
- Post high school specialty or vocational training with a specialization in courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, basic disease process, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 or equivalent competency
- Successful completion of a coding certificate program in a program with American Health Information Management Association approval status
- General benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off, extended illness and other benefits.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online: http://www.wcch.org/for-healthcare-professionals/careers