Mary Washington Healthcare
Mary Washington Healthcare in Fredericksburg, Virginia is seeking a motivated HIM professional and Virginia resident to work with our coding compliance team in Coding in the HIM Department for approximately 25 inpatient and outpatient remote coding associates. This is a remote position with occasional onsite requirement for training and education for coding associates.
The Coding Compliance Auditor is responsible to review inpatient and/or outpatient records for quality and comprehensive coding, under the supervision of the HIM Coding Manager. The incumbent of this position will educate and train all coding and CDI associates regarding coding regulations and compliance.
1. Establishes implements and maintains a review process for compliance, including a formal review (audit) process.
2. Reviews inpatient and/or outpatient coded records for quality and comprehensive coding to ensure compliance with ICD-10-CM, CPT4, and HCPCS level II coding conventions.
3. Standardizes coding and abstracting documented coding policies and procedures.
4. Analyzes and interprets coding data to identify problems or trends.
5. Ensures compliance with coding standards and government regulations.
6. Maintains knowledge of coding and billing requirements and regulatory changes.
7. Assists in the ongoing development and maintenance of a coding/abstracting policies, procedure and practice standards.
8. Audits, reports and documents all results to the Coder Manager.
9. Provides, initiates, and supports training/education for the coding and CDMP.
10. Associates regarding coding regulations and compliance.
11. Supports the education and compliance for CDMP post query, re-coding and re-billing process.
12. Assists with organizational training and skills assessment for ICD-10-CM/PCS.
13. Actively communicates and provides timely feedback to all coding and nursing associates.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Ability work independently with minimum supervision.
1. Associate’s degree required.
2. RHIA or RHIT certification required.
3. Experience as an educator/trainer required.
4. A minimum of four years of coding and/or reimbursement experience required.
5. Analytical ability to gather and interpret data.
6. Experience with ICD-10, CPT-4 coding conventions, DRG and APC assignment, medical terminology and anatomy required.
7. Experience in using the concepts of pathophysiology.
8. Experience with inpatient and outpatient coding guidelines.
9. Experience with PPS methodology for inpatient and/or outpatient encounters required.
10. Experience with ICD-10-CM/PCS coding classification system required.
Associate’s degree required.
Your hard work is rewarded with competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and special perks you’ll only find here. Our benefits are designed with you in mind, providing flexibility to match your life. Whether you’re starting a family or pursuing a degree, our benefits lend support to help you achieve balance on and off the job.
- Paid Annual Leave
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- High Deductible Health Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Service Awards
- Supplemental Retirement
- Credit Union Membership
- REACH Associate Assistance
- Kids’ Station On-Site Child Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- In-Service Education
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Medical Library
Apply Online: http://www.mwhccareers.com/