Mary Washington Healthcare
Mary Washington Healthcare in Fredericksburg, Virginia is seeking a Virginia resident to fill our full time Remote Coder 1 position.
Under general supervision, reviews, analyzes and assures the final diagnoses and procedures as stated by the practicing providers are valid and complete. The coder is required to code patient records using basic coding skills. The coder is responsible to apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to finalize and bill the account.
The incumbent in this position will support the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates commitment to quality service and support ICARE values.
1.Assigns ICD-10-CM/PCS and/or HCPCS codes, creating APC or MSDRG group assignments using the encoder software.
2. Analyzes medical record documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code and enters the charges. .
3. Queries physicians for clarification when documentation is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
5. Abstracts pertinent information from patient records for reporting purposes.
6. Meets coding productivity and quality standards as defined by policy.
7. Participates in all available continuing education as required.
8. Maintains knowledge of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
9. Communicates and documents downtime to the Coding Supervisor/Manager daily.
10. Abides by HIPAA regulations and MWHC confidentiality policies.
11. Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to Official Coding Guidelines.
13. Abides by HIPAA regulations and MWHC confidentiality policies.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-A, or CCA certification required.
- Experience in the use of medical terminology required.
- Must be able to work remotely
Previous coding experience preferred.
Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Your hard work is rewarded with competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and special perks you’ll only find here. Our benefits are designed with you in mind, providing flexibility to match your life. Whether you’re starting a family or pursuing a degree, our benefits lend support to help you achieve balance on and off the job.
- Paid Annual Leave
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- High Deductible Health Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Service Awards
- Supplemental Retirement
- Credit Union Membership
- REACH Associate Assistance
- Kids’ Station On-Site Child Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- In-Service Education
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Medical Library
Apply Online: http://www.mwhccareers.com/