Mary Washington Healthcare
Mary Washington Healthcare in Fredericksburg, Virginia is seeking a highly motivated HIM professional and Virginia resident to assist the Coding Manager in the day-to-day operations of Coding in the HIM Department. This is a hybrid position that requires both remote and onsite work.
The Coding Supervisor is responsible for day to day supervision of the coding operations for the Health Information Management department, including management of coding specific unbilled functions. The incumbent of this position assists the Coding Manager with workflow processes, internal controls, and staffing. The Coding Supervisor is accountable to monitor systems, programs and procedures to facilitate current, accurate and timely payor reimbursement and compliance with all other regulatory agencies. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
- Associate degree required in HIM or related field required.
- CCS coding certification required.
- Five years of recent inpatient and outpatient coding experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience in the use of statistics, performance improvement process and TJC requirements required
- Working knowledge of coding an abstracting standards, prospective payment and regulatory requirements required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with an EMR and encoder system required
- Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
- ICD-10 Approved Trainer preferred.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Revenue Cycle experience preferred.
Associate degree required in HIM or related field required.
Your hard work is rewarded with competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and special perks you’ll only find here. Our benefits are designed with you in mind, providing flexibility to match your life. Whether you’re starting a family or pursuing a degree, our benefits lend support to help you achieve balance on and off the job.
- Paid Annual Leave
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- High Deductible Health Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Service Awards
- Supplemental Retirement
- Credit Union Membership
- REACH Associate Assistance
- Kids’ Station On-Site Child Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- In-Service Education
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Medical Library
Apply Online: http://www.mwhccareers.com/