This is Carilion Clinic – An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued.
A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships.
A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference.
Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so.
Whose people unite in making lives better.
At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach.
As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
- The Data and Compliance Audit Consultant will be responsible for assisting the Audit & Compliance Departments in managing, documenting, obtaining and analyzing data and information.
- The Data and Compliance Audit Consultant will serve as administrator of the Audit & Compliance department databases; maximize the utilization technology tools; facilitate timely access of reliable data; develop and provide reports related to Audit & Compliance activities; and lead the development of the Audit & Compliance data analytics program.
- The Data and Compliance Audit Consultant will implement processes and perform duties necessary to conform to requirements of Carilion Clinic, as well as the Internal Audit and Organizational Integrity & Compliance departments.
- Serves as administrator for Audit & Compliance databases and technology resources, such as Compliance 360 and Craneware. Ensures that the Audit & Compliance Departments are maximizing the functionality and usage of available technology resources.
- Provides staff training for use of tools. Leads the optimization of the available tools.
- Serves as a key resource for Audit & Compliance in identifying and obtaining accurate data from across the organization, including patient, clinical, financial and operational data.
- Develops standard reports for staff self-service and develops mechanisms for the team to access data in a timely and efficient matter.
- Leads the development of a data analytics program for Carilion Clinic’s Audit & Compliance functions.
- Assists the Department leadership in obtaining and implementing the necessary tools to support pro-active, efficient and continuous auditing, monitoring and investigative activities.
- Creates Audit & Compliance Department reports, dashboards, balanced scorecard metrics and other similar data-driven documents.
- Tracks, trends and reports key themes and trends emerging from Audit & Compliance activities and refer concerns to subject matter experts.
- Assists with periodic risk assessments to identify, prioritize and evaluate organizational risks.
- As assigned, develops implements and/or monitors mitigation plans resulting from audit results.
- Fully documents activities in the designated databases.
- Collaborates and coordinates with key stakeholders when performing assigned job duties.
- Assists the Audit & Compliance leadership with other duties as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of general audit and compliance concepts and monitors advancements in data analytics strategies and technologies to ensure organizational adaptation.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in system database administration, reporting and/or data analytics or applicable experience at a complex healthcare system or setting.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Certification in healthcare data analytics, healthcare compliance and/or internal audit preferred at time of hire or within 18 months of the date of hire.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Excellent oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated knowledge of database management, data analytics and reporting concepts with ability to work with minimal supervision, and adapt quickly to change. Skilled in use of technologies to aid productivity and enhance output.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Requisition Number: 26585
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB – Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm and additional hours as needed.
Recruiter: DAVID L NIVEN
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4057
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
Instructions for Resume Submission: