VCU Health System
VCU Health System’s Corporate Compliance department is seeking a full time Compliance Auditor to perform documentation/chart audits on inpatient and outpatient records, and to provide analysis of the records (provider and facility) reviewed, education, and other assistance as needed. Audits to include VCUHS coding and billing (DRG, CPT, ICD-9/10) based on a review of medical record documentation and/or billing claim data.
- Works to an annual work plan and to manage resources such that the work plan is completed in a timely manner.
- Interacts independently with all levels of employees.
- Analyzes an issue, develops a plan to resolve and implements the resolution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in hospital/physician coding and documentation reviews; healthcare compliance and working with electronic health records.
- Previous experience with personal computers and software applications to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- One (1) of the following current AAPC certifications required or successfully obtained within six (6) months from date of hire into position:
** Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
** Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H)
** Certified Professional Coder-Payer (CPC-P)
** CPMA Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
- One (1) of the following current AHIMA certifications required or successfully obtained within six (6) months from date of hire into position:
** Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
** Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
** Certified Coding Specialist-Physician Based (CCS-P)
- Another current related coding certification required or successfully obtained within six (6) months from date of hire
Two (2) years of auditing work experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare-related field
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To apply to this position, please visit our career website at www.vcuhealth.org/careers. Once there, click on “Start your career search”, and enter “Compliance Auditor” (without the quotation marks) in the job search bar.
Apply Online: http://www.vcuhealth.org/careers