The Barry Robinson Center
The Barry Robinson Center is currently seeking a consultant for a Health Information Services interim position to last minimum of 90 days. There is a full time position available as well.
The Barry Robinson Center, Norfolk VA, has been maintaining its roots for over 85 years as a nonprofit charitable organization committed to improving the lives of children and their families. We provide residential treatment for boys and girls, ages 6 – 17, who are experiencing mental health issues and/or substance abuse issues. We offer a foster care program for children who have been or are currently in the foster care system as well as foster parent training.
Applicants should possess strong medical records organization, management, and supervisory experience. Primary responsibilities include plan, organize and direct functions and activities of the Health Information Services Department.
A complete list of responsibilities can be made available to applicants upon request.
Summarizing what you will need:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the health information services department, preferably an inpatient mental health setting with knowledge of filing, DSM-IV diagnostic/procedure coding, patient index, release of information and chart analysis.
- Ability to assertively and effectively communicate with a variety of persons/organizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current medical information systems and office equipment.
- Ability to independently analyze difficulties and problem solve.
- Knowledge of statistics with the expertise to prepare and interpret statistical data.
- Willingness to prepare, present, and participate in workshops, seminars and in-service training.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and JCAHO standards.
- Ability to prepare department budget to maintain operations.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://www.diamondhealthjobs.com