Coding Roundtable Committee Members
- Gloria Litton- Coordinator – Charlottesville
- Lisa Smith – Fredericksburg
- Cynthia Blackburn – Roanoke
- Jennifer Iman – Fredericksburg
- Ed O’Beirne – Richmond
Questions? Feel free to contact us:
Coding Roundtable Lunchbucket Series
Now that ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation has passed, the VHIMA Coding Roundtable Committee has decided to begin the Lunchbucket Webinars once again in the Winter and Spring. We will include topics relevant to ICD-10. Each webinar will be one (1) CE hour. Coding Roundtables will be recorded for later access.
Topics and dates are listed below:
May 12, 2017
1st Quarter Coding Clinic Update Overview
June 16, 2017
A Coder’s Response to Recovery Auditors
January 29, 2016 – not recorded
“Is There a Code for That?” – New and unique codes and coding scenarios in ICD-10
March 18, 2016
“How Did that Happen?” – V-Z Codes
October 28, 2016
November 18, 2016
HIM Students – HIM Professions
December 16, 2016
ICD-10-PPCS Focus on Spinal Procedures
Recorded WebEx Roundtables
Upon registration and payment for a course that has already been held, you will receive a link to the recorded session. The link works just like the link to a live meeting. Once you click the link, it will take you to the session. Simply enter in the passcode that is supplied with the link and you will be able to access the recording 24/7 at your leisure. You will receive a link to an online evaluation and CE.
Recorded sessions will be offered following the live broadcast for $10 per session.
Available Recorded Sessions
March 28, 2014
- What are your organization’s plans to retain current coders?
- Are you implementing any type of bonus structure for coders that stay? If so, describe the bonus structure. Is it based on achieving milestones, years of service following implementation, a flat fee, or other? What dollar amounts are being considered?
- Are you creating sign-on bonuses for new coding hires?
- Are you working with local HIT colleges to hire new coding staff?
- Are you anticipating a pay increase for the coding professional’s pay grade to retain coders?
- Is there any concern in your facility that current coding professionals will be lured away by companies providing contracted coding services and better salaries?
- Do you have any coding staff that is planning on retiring before implementation? If so, how are you planning to fill their positions?
Coder Productivity in the ICD-10 Environment
February 28, 2014
- Discuss the expected productivity standards for inpatient, outpatient surgical, emergency department, outpatient ancillary and/or observation coding following ICD-10 implementation at your facility currently.
- Have you done any analysis for anticipated impacts to the above productivity expectations due to ICD-10 implementation? If so, how did you perform the analysis and what were there results?
- How do you plan to mitigate potential productivity losses during the first 3-6 months after go-live? Discuss mitigation opportunities relative to documentation improvement and coding staff.
- Do you anticipate an increase in the number of physician queries? Have you begun (or are you planning) to provide documentation improvement training to physicians or modified forms or electronic templates to avoid additional queries?
- Have you developed a communication plan for the revenue cycle team regarding productivity impacts? If so, what items did you include in the communication plan?
- What concerns do you have about balancing the quality of coding with the need for productivity post go live? How will you monitor quality during the first few months of ICD-10-CM/PCS?
Each session is $10.00. You will receive the recording, handouts, evaluation and CE within two business days from receipt of payment.
When you register online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, MasterCard, or Visa). If you are paying by check, select “offline/mail” under payment options in the shopping cart. You will later see instructions to print the invoice page and mail your payment to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the invoice. Make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex.
You can determine if your registration fee has been received by clicking here.
Click here if you are unable to view the registration form.