Make the most of every moment –it’s the heart of our philosophy and mission at Capital Caring, a leader in hospice and palliative care in the Washington, DC metropolitan region.
We live our mission of simply improving the care of people facing life-limiting illness every day and are seeking a dedicated, Health Information Management Coder to join our Team!
Our Core Values include:
- Complete Customer Satisfaction
- Culture of Trust
- Leadership to Grow
- We are all Learners and Teachers
- Live within the Model
- The Health Information Management (HIM) Coder is responsible for coding all primary and secondary diagnosis(s) on all patients admitted to Capital Caring.
- The HIM Coder will also routinely monitor all active records to update primary and secondary diagnosis(s) in accordance with state and federal guidelines, accreditation standards, as well as Capital Caring Policies and Procedures.
The HIM Coder must have at least 2 years of coding experience (ICD-10-CM, CPT) in a healthcare facility.
- The HIM Coder must have an AAPC or AHIMA certification.
The HIM Coder must have at least an Associate degree or previous coding experience with a home health and/or hospice organization.
Employment with Capital Caring comes with great benefits – with flexibility to choose the health and welfare plans to best meet your needs.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance & Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) plan with a generous match
- Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave
Instructions for Resume Submission: