MedStar Health’s physicians, nurses, researchers, and support staff are all focused on one thing—caring for you and your family. Our 30,000 associates and 6,000 affiliated physicians support MedStar’s patient-first philosophy of care, compassion, clinical excellence, and customer service. We proudly care for more than half-million patients each year across Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region in our hospitals, urgent care and ambulatory care facilities, and physician offices. Our extensive network of providers enables us to offer the highest quality, most advanced care—close to where our patients live and work. And, because we are committed to our not-for-profit mission, we remain dedicated to reinvest in the health and wellness of all the communities we serve.
MedStar Health combines the best aspects of academic medicine, research and innovation with a complete spectrum of clinical services to advance patient care. Our areas of clinical excellence include cardiology and cardiac surgery, orthopaedics, cancer, transplantation, rehabilitation, and emergency and trauma services.
As the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, MedStar’s 10 hospitals, the MedStar Health Research Institute, MedStar Medical Group, and our other programs and services are recognized regionally and nationally for excellence in medical care. Our associates also provide primary care, urgent care, and home health care services in communities and homes across the region. For patients requiring non-acute care, MedStar operates subacute, assisted living and long-term care services.
To be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
To serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities.
- Service – We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Patient first – We strive to deliver the best to every patient every day. The patient is the first priority in everything we do.
- Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, build trust and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect – We treat each individual, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- Innovation – We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Teamwork – System effectiveness is built on the collective strength and cultural diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect.
Responsible for assisting Outpatient Coding Operation Manager with daily activities to include assisting coding staff with coding questions, scheduling, and mentoring.
3 years outpatient coding experience. Experience with clinical information systems (3M grouper, Soft-Med, Electronic Medical Record, etc.). 2 years operational and/or supervision experience preferred.
CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist-Physician) or COC (Certified Outpatient Coder) certification. CCS (Certified Coding Specialist), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online at www.medstarhealthjobs.org and/or submit to Katie Kropfelder, Director of Coding Operations at Katie.Kropfelder@medstar.net
Apply Online: http://www.medstarhealthjobs.org