VHIMA is looking for volunteers to participate in the 2018-2019 committees. This is a great way to get involved and promote the profession in Virginia. Here are some frequently asked questions regarding committee participation:
How much time would I have to commit?
- Most committees meet monthly for about an hour each meeting. There may be some work assignments between meetings but on average, you time commitment would be 1-2 hours a month. *Program committee may meet more often/more hours.
Which committees need volunteers?
- State Advocacy
- Education/Coding Roundtable
- 2019 Annual Meeting Program
- 2019 Annual Program Arrangements
- Silent Auction
- 2019 Election Nominating
How do I find out more about these committees?
- Visit the VHIMA website and click on Policies and Procedures or send a message through “Contact Us” and the committee Chair will reach out to you.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
- Go to the VHIMA website and “Contact Us” Just let us know which committee you are interested in joining.